Frequently Asked Questions.
Choose a topic below to read through a list of questions and answers.
- What is Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)?
- What is Climate Change?
- How will Carbon Dioxide remain stored?
- Why is CCS relevant in South Africa?
- What is South Africa doing on CCS?
- What is the role of the South African Centre for Carbon Capture and Storage (SACCCS)?
- What happens if the Carbon Dioxide does leak?
- What happens to the injected Carbon Dioxide after the project has finished?
- Is there anything else we can do with the captured Carbon Dioxide?
- Is the stored Carbon Dioxide safe?
- How will SACCCS work with the local communities and other stakeholders?
- Will CCS cause earthquakes?
- Is CCS happening today?
- Will CCS increase my electricity bill or taxes?
- Is CCS the same as “fracking”?
If you have a question of your own that we haven't answered here, feel free to Contact us.